Thursday, September 23, 2010

Halloween Wreath





Here is a quick and easy halloween home decor project that I made. I used a plain black wreath purchased from Michael's along with the skulls, skeletons and purple spiders. I dug deep in my ribbon stash and found the perfect black ribbon with purple glitter dots, white spider webs & skeletons, which I believe I also purchased form M's in the past. I used my Bowdabra DH bought me years ago to make the bow and of course my hot glue gun was called to duty!

With all the dark colors the picture really don't show how cute this turned out! It's kinda a must see in person, LOL.



The "Spooky" sign hanging in the middle I made using...can you guess??? That's right! My Cricut Expression and Gypsy along with a few other supplies:

The background:
  • Layer 1 - 9" x 5-1/2" DCWV black cardstock
  • Layer 2 - 8-1/2" x 5" DCWV off-white glitter cardstock
  • Layer 3 - 8" x 4-1/2" DCWV purple shimmer cardstock (I used Martha Stewarts border & corner "Halloween Cracks" punches on this layer)

"Spooky" Phrase:

  • Background - I cut Post-it Craft Paper at 2-1/2"
  • Phrase - DCWV black glitter cardstock cut at 2-1/2"

I peeled the backing of the Post-it Craft Paper off and put the phrase on the adhesive side, then I sprinkled Martha Stewart's AMAZINGLY COOL glow-in-the-dark glitter all over it, shook it off and Wa-La! I have a totally cute glow-in-the-dark phrase!

I then added some Jolee's spiders that I have had for who knows how long! LOL I used some purple fibers I had to hang the sign on the nail behind the wreath. You can attached the phrase/sign to the wreath but I just hung ii behind it...makes it somewhat adjustable. :)




Thanks for looking!!

Check back often as there are many more projects on the way!!!

No comments:

Post a Comment